Tuesday, March 29, 2011
March 21,2011 All about me!
Ok so this is quite a story. It started a few years back when my daughter Dawn ran the Denver Marathon. I went with my friend to watch the race. I was so overwhelmed with her ambition to do this race in memory of my sister MaryAnne. She ran it with team in training which raises money for Lymphoma cancers and that is the dreaded disease that took MaryAnne away from us. After the raise, her next venture was going to do the triathalon in Washington DC. With unfortunate circumstances and a bum leg, Dawn wasnt able to do that race. Back a year ago, I told Dawn, that if she decided to do it in 2011, I would make the committment to do it with her. I was presently in the process of losing weight and thought I would be ready. Well now it is the year later, I am 60 lbs lighter and I made that committment to do the most unbelievable adventure in my life. Who would of thought that at age 53 I would be running a triathalon with my 25 year old daughter. I wanted to do it with Team in Training but not sure if I can committ to the large amount of fundraising that has to be done. Dawn and I registered for the race on our own so I think that will be the route I take. I will still be doing this race in memory and honor of my sister. Since I am not a runner, this is going to be my most difficult challange. The other challange is that Dawn is in Colorado and I am in Connecticut. This is going to be difficult to train together on opposite ends of the country, but I have faith that we will be able to do it, So when are you coming home for a visit Dawn, so we can take a run together!! This is also my first blog, so with the help of Dawn, I will try to update it as often as I can and welcome suggestions, thoughts and prayers! Wish me luck!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment