Well today was the official trial of the triathalon. I got up at 6:30 am had breakfast, and was out in the pool by 7:30am. Swimming away! I did 100+ laps that equal to about 1200yards,which is 384 yards short of the .9 mile. quickly, or not, transistioned into the ride. I must say, it was harder than I thought getting out of the wet suit, drying myself off, getting my suit bottoms off and putting on my riding shorts, whithout exposing myself! Plus I had to pee a hundred times :( not good. but I did manage to figure it all out after 10 minutes and was on my way to biking. I took some different routes and ended up passing by Kathy's house, which of course she was outside packing up Nick to go back to college, so I had to stop and chat for a few minutes or maybe more!. When I arrived back home, the transition to the run was much easier. I only had to change my shoes and put on my waste belt. The run was the hardest to start I must say. I had to walk for around 10 minutes but once I started running, that's all I really wanted to do was finish this brick. I ended up back home at 12 noon. Total brick 4 1/2 hours!!
I know if I took out the difficulty with the wet suit transistion, not stopping to chat with Kathy, and all the crazy people on the road and stopping for traffic, I am confident I could do this race in 4 hours!
Lets see how I feel tomorrow :)
And I also beat Irene!!
No comments:
Post a Comment