Saturday, April 9, 2011

On the bike again!!

Well i acomplished what I planned on doing today. I went to the gym and got on that damn stationary bike again. I must say though, I wish Dawn was here training with me. Its quite boring doing it yourself so the next best thing was to text her during my training. Here are a few excerpts from our conversation today.
Me: ok back at the gym trying to get back on track! How bout you?
Dawn: Nope waiting for maintenance to get here to get rid of those disgusting critters! She has carpet bugs! YUK
Me: I have a headache :(
Dawn: I fell on my stairs yesterday and banged my bad knee pretty bad :(
Me: Oh no!! Ice it. remember you have to carry me on your back for the run!!!
Me:  Well I'm 28 minutes into it and boy do my legs or should I say knee hurt:( I'm riding between 70-90 rpm and I'm at 6.22 miles
Dawn:  Keep it up! You can do it! dont think about your knees
Me:  Ok I'll think about my toes!
Dawn:  Ha! think about how awesome your doing!
I love the encouragement.
Me: Oh great the guy next to me just jumped on his bike and is biking 100rpm's Great!
Dawn: dont worry about anyone else, worry about yourself
Me:  I forgot my water
Me: Can you bring me a glass?
Dawn:  Sure be right there!
Well she never showed!
Me: I NEED WATER!!
Me: I'm fading! 9.4 miles, 45 minutes!
Dawn: Stop and get some
Me: Only biking at 59 rpm now
Me: Can't
Dawn: You can do it! Dont stress about your speed, just finish
Me: I wont come back on and my legs are a ball of elastics! Maybe I can bounce to the water!
Dawn: hahah
Me:  5 min till cool down!!
Dawn:  You can do it!!
Me:  COOL DOWN!!! YAHOOO
DAwn: Whooo!!!
Me: Well my workout done! 1 hour 15 minutes, 14 miles. thanks Dawn, I couldnt have done it without you!
Dawn: Nice, I am very proud of you!
Me: When I can actually get off the bike though! Ok I'm off, One leg in front of the other. Just to get to the mat and stretch.
Dawn: Good- you need a good stretch. Nice Job!
Me: OK now I am going for a pedicure!
This workout would not have been completed if it werent for you. Again thank you Dawn, I love you and cant wait till you are  home in June so we can go for a run and bike!!

No comments:

Post a Comment