


The Bridgeport Hospital 5K run!! Yea I did it. After being so nervous, I got up early, had my usual glass of orange juice and 2 fig newtons, pre run.! Of course I got at the ball field early but quickly met up with my friend and running partner Cory. Of course doctor Harris didn't show up, which actually was good because I was nervous to have to run with him. I found out today, he thought the race was Monday so he missed it. I won"t let him live that one down! Met up with a few people from work I knew and were also running. Since this was my first run, I wasn't really sure what to expect. I am used to running solo, so it was actually kind of hard to run with all those other people around me. Cory and I ran next to each other for while, but then she got in front of me and set a good pace for me. I kept a very short distance behind her the whole way as we ran through Sea Side Park along the water's edge. It was muggy but nice with the sea breeze. We came back into the ball field as I ended the race with a time of 34 minutes and 32 second time for myself!
To think a few months ago, I couldn't even run around the block, I feel I made the first accomplishment of many to come as I train for the triathalon.
No comments:
Post a Comment